I promise you’ll fall in love with this rhubarb pie receipe! It’s simple, quick, the pie is good balanced between sweet taste and sourness (sourness is a good reason for somebody to switch on an oven, isn’t it?), it’s delicious. I’ve already baked it twice and am going to repeat.
Put on your apron and let’s start.
- 225 g flour
- 115 g cold butter
- 50 ml cold water
- 500 g rhubarb
- 50 g brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 10 g crushed nuts such as almond or hazelnut
- Сut butter into small cubes, add flour, continuing to work vigorously with a knife or just put butter and flour into blender bowl and make a couple of vzzzzh. When the flour mass turns into a fine crumb add cold water. Collect the dough in a ball and put in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Preheat oven to 180 °C degrees. Wash rhubarb and and slice diagonally.
- Roll the dough between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Lay out the rhubarb slices forming a chevron.
- Wrap the edges of the dough and grease the edges of the cake with yolk.
- Sprinkle the pie with hazelnuts and put it into oven. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Taste it!