The name of this recipe sounds really pretty in Italian: biscotti allo zenzero con caramello al peperoncino. Yes, this ginger cookies are from my new Italian cookbook I’ve mentioned it in the very first recipe of this Advent Calendar.
A nice winter warming recipe. Prepares as we like quickly.
50 g butter of room temperature
50 g candied ginger
130 g all purpose flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ginger powder
100 g sugar
a pinch of Cayenne pepper
1. Cream the butter and sugar, add the egg and bring the mixture until smooth.
2. Mix the leaven with ginger powder and flour and add this mixture to the flour mixture. Knead the dough thoroughly until smooth.
3. Finely chop the candied ginger and add it to the finished dough.
4. Cover the dough with film and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
5. Preheat oven into 160 °C.
6. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Divide all the dough into small balls the size of a walnut, lightly press the top with a fork.
7. Bake for 25 minutes.
8. For the caramel sauce, melt the sugar until golden brown over medium heat in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
9. When the sugar is completely melted, add a pinch of pepper. Using a spoon, pour caramel sauce over the finished cookies.