Without extra words: I like this recipe a lot! It’s very easy to make dough a day before. It’s very easy and funny to roll it and stamp cookies. Cookies by themselves are tasty as well, but additionally can be an eatable decorative element for cakes and pies.
The cookies will hold their shape well even if you are using a cutter with very narrow elements – just look at the snowflakes above. And these elements will not blur in the oven during baking. In addition, cookies will retain their texture, if you choose a carved rolling pin or textured cutter.
200 g salt butter room temperature
150 g powdered sugar
390 g all proposes flour
1. Rub butter with powdered sugar with a spoon until smooth. This butter should be at room temperature.
2. Add the egg and again bring the mixture to a homogeneous state with a spoon.
3. Finally, add the flour and knead with your hands into a plastic dough.
4. Wrap the dough in cling film and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or overnight.
5. Preheat oven into 200 °C.
6. Roll out the dough to a thickness of 2-3 mm immediately on baking paper or a baking mat. Go over the dough with a grooved rolling pin or immediately cut out the cookies with a cookie cutter.
7. Remove excess dough. Bake the cookies for 5-6 minutes until the edges are golden. Completely cool and only after that remove them from the baking sheet.
8. Make a cup of coffee and enjoy it with fresh baked cookies.