Actually, I don’t really like banana baking. For my taste it is too sweet and obsessively aromatic. But it turned out the situation is easily corrected with just a handful of fresh pistachios. However, pistachios can be salty, brackishness will give an extra charm to the cake.
150 g softened butter
220 g all propose flough
100 g brown sugar
3 bananas – it would be great to get bananas with black dots, they are more sweet and soft for the receipe
a pinch of sea salt
30 g pistachios, salted or not, I prefer second one
50 g fresh sunflower seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Prepare dish for baking 10×18 cm.
- Whisk butter with sugar, then add eggs one by one, then salt.
- Peel two bananas and add them to the butter mixture.
- Add flough, a half part of pistachios and sunflower seeds, stir until smooth.
- Put the peeled banana on top and the second half of the dough on it.
- Smooth the surface of cake, sprinkle with pistachios and seeds on top slightly pushing them into the surface and put the cake in the oven for 40 minutes.