I promise you’ll fall in love with this rhubarb pie receipe! It’s simple, quick, the pie is good balanced between sweet taste and sourness (sourness is a good reason for somebody to switch on an oven, isn’t it?), it’s delicious. I’ve already baked it twice and am going to repeat.
Put on your apron and let’s start.
225 g flour
115 g cold butter
50 ml cold water
500 g rhubarb
50 g brown sugar
1 egg yolk
10 g crushed nuts such as almond or hazelnut
- Сut butter into small cubes, add flour, continuing to work vigorously with a knife or just put butter and flour into blender bowl and make a couple of vzzzzh. When the flour mass turns into a fine crumb add cold water. Collect the dough in a ball and put in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Preheat oven to 180 °C degrees. Wash rhubarb and and slice diagonally.
- Roll the dough between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Lay out the rhubarb slices forming a chevron.
- Wrap the edges of the dough and grease the edges of the cake with yolk.
- Sprinkle the pie with hazelnuts and put it into oven. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Taste it!