I always use different nuts. Sometimes it is a muxture of almond, cashew and walnut, sometimes the cashew nut is replaced with a pecan, and pistachio is added to the whole mixture. So test it by yourself.
Another huge plus of this recipe for me is its ingredients and a simplicity of cooking. Just three main ingredients and nuts (all of these are in a photo below), whisk and bowl. So this recipe works well during camping time and its product is a good snack too.
This recipe is so simple that I’ve decided not to take detailed step-by-step photos.
100 g white sugar
200 g all purpose flour
200 g nuts: almond, cashew, wallnuts, pecan, pistachio
20 g brown sugar, 20 g crushed pistachio for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven into 175 °C.
2. Whisk well eggs and white sugar.
3. Add flour and mix until well incorporated. At the end of this stage it would be better to knead the dough with your hands in culinary gloves
4. Add nuts and mix them thoroughly into the dough.
5. Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Put the dough on paper, with wet hands form an oblong loaf out of it.
6. Sprinkle the top with the crushed pistachio and brown sugar mixture and press the topping into the dough.
7. Bake 30 minutes then cool the loaf completely.
8. Cut the loaf into pieces 8 mm thick, put on a baking sheet and dry in the oven for 10 minutes at the same temperature of 175 °C. Then turn the pieces over and dry for another 10 minutes.
9. Cool completely. Store biscotti in a tightly sealed tin.