A convincing alternative to traditional gingerbread cookies.
Fragrant, crispy, spicy. All spices must be fresh – this is the only way we will get impressive-tasting gingerbread cookies. So ditch that old bag of cinnamon you’ve got lying around in the kitchen cupboard and buy a fresh one.
And not too much with ginger.
170 g butter at room temperature
200 g white sugar + 50 g for rolling
50 g brown sugar
110 g light molasses
1 egg C0
1/2 tsp fine salt
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
280 g all purpose flour
Powdered sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- Beat butter with both types of sugar until the mixture becomes lighter. Then add molasses and beat until fluffy.
- Now add egg and beat until full incorporated.
- In another bowl mix entire dried ingredients.
- Add dried mixture into the butter one and knead dough.
- Preheat oven into 175 °C.
- Roll into walnut-sized balls, then roll the balls in sugar and place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. The distance between the cookies is approximately 5 cm: the cookies will spread a lot in the oven!
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Cool complete then sprinkle with powdered sugar. Store the cookies in a tin.
Merry Christmas! May this season be full of light and laughter for you and your family.