All you need for this recipe of Cookie Advent Calendar is a handful of popcorn and remember what a walnut looks like. The rest of the products, like flour, butter or eggs, are usually always in the house and do not need any special comments, and the kneading process is so simple that a child can handle it. You can knead the dough with a regular tablespoon or with a mixer.
Perhaps only sugar deserves mention. According to the recipe, two types of dough are placed in the dough, regular white and cane. You can replace cane with white in a 1:1 ratio and not worry, but cane, of course, adds a taste experience even if it’s just a small cookie for tea.
Let’s get back to popcorn. Take the salty one, it will create an interesting contrast with the sweet dough.
I like it when the edges of the cookies start to golden, this takes my oven 11 minutes at 175°C, but I would recommend that you sit near the oven window starting from the 6th minute of baking, just so you don’t miss the right moment and time it. What if this becomes your favorite recipe?
Let’s get started!
180 g all propose flour
100 g butter in room temperature
75 white sugar
70 g brown sugar
1,5 dl crushed salted popcorn
0,5 tsp bakin soda
0,25 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven into 175 °С.
2. Beat soft butter and both types of sugar until the mixture becomes lighter and fluffy.
3. Add egg and mix well until incorporated.
4. Mix together flour, salt and soda.
5. Add flour mix to the buteer one and knead a dough.
6. At the end add popcorn leaving a little bit for decoration.
7. Using a spoon, scoop some dough into balls the size of a walnut and place them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
8. Sprinkle your cookies with some crushed popcorn.
9. Bake for 11 minutes or follow the small comment above.
Have you already baked cookies by previouse recipe? It was Quark “Kisses” Cookies.