My oven has broken and this cupcake in a mug is the last thing I had bake before the upper heating element has said goodbye.
And this is so handy!
There is a magnificent autumn weather now in Northern Savo, the classic golden fall (have a look at carousel). Finnish language has even a separate word for this time of year – ‘ruska’. I’ve asked my Finnish friends to comment if there was a connection between ‘ruska’ and Russia, but no, the word came from the Sami language.
However it seems like the cake in mug will be the most favourite recipe of this autumn for me and my beloved.
Warmly. Cozy. Frienldy. Quickly. Chocolately. Funny. (stop my somebody)
Let’s start as soon as possible so as not to miss a wonderful autumn day.
Special tools and fixtures
Mug 3.7 dl (I use Muurla’s Nordic emalimuki)
35 g sugar
20 g room temperature butter plus a little bit more for mug preparation
25 g sour cream
12 g cocoa plus a little bit more for mug preparation
75 g all propose flour
1/4 teaspoon soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
25 g chocolate drops
- First of all let’s prepare the mug. Grease the inside of the mug with butter, sprinkle well with cocoa. After that put a circle of baking paper on the bottom.
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Whisk well butter and sugar until fluffy and white. Then add egg.
- In an another bowl mix all the dry ingredients. Add this mixture to the egg’s one and mix well.
- Finally add chocolate drops leaving a few for decoration.
- Fill the mug with dough, leaving 2 cm from the edge. Decorate the top with chocolate drops.
- Bake for 45 minutes until dry stick.
- Make coffee, pour it into a thermos and invite someone for a walk with you.