The idea of Cookie Advent Calendar was born several years ago, but something kept blocking it all the time. Finally it took shape on the way to Helsinki airport in March 2023, from where I flew to Milan and scribbled cookie ideas in a notebook. After that I brought some new cookbooks with me – and it started spinning!
I am focused on diversity. My idea is to collect in The Cookie Advent Calendar as different cookie’s recipes as it possible. With different ingredients and tastes, different shapes, colors, types of dough and technics.
Additionally I think it’s a very good reason to spend a little bit more time with our beloved making for instance Shortbread Stamped Cookies or Gazelle Horns. Isn’t it?
4 ideas how to present Cookie Advent Calendar
Here are some ideas how you would present Cookie Advent Calendar for family, friends and pals.
- Probably the most simple version is to pack the text of each recipe in a small bag or box (that’s why I have include printing version for every recipe). Thus, your addressee will be able to bake cookies according to the recipe. This Cookie Advent Calendar can even be emailed to some of our friends who are far away and not available in any other way.
- The second idea needs more time from you but obviously it will be more warmfull and friendly: to bake cookies every day during Christmas waiting time and to put them into the Calendar’s box. To bake with children or friends would be excellent too!
- Third idea looks like a salad. Here it is: mix dry ingredients for 2-3 recipes in the beautiful and stylish jars, add them to the “text-days”, bake cookies following a couple of recipes and add them too to your calendar. Slightly disheveled, but interesting and creative!
- At last you can bake all these cookies and pack them according to the day’s number. I guess, it is impossible, but please let me know, if you will choose this way.
50 g softened butter
100 g sugar
50 g milk
155 g all propose flour
Black currant marmalade or what you personally prefer
- Rub softented butter with sugar.
2. Then add milk and mix all together until smooth.
3. At last add milk and knead the dough.
4. Roll the dough into a ball and place in the refrigerator for half an hour.
5. Preheat oven into 180 °C.
6. Separate the ball into three parts (for lovers of absolute precision: three parts weighing 116 g each).
7. Roll each piece into a tourniquet with a diameter of 3-4 cm, after that cut it into 8 parts.
8. Roll each piece into a ball
and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
9. The cutest part of the recipe. Let’s start decorating cookies with marmalade.
Using the back of a measuring spoon or just your thumb, make an indentation in the middle of each ball, flattening it out. Fill the indentation with marmalade.
10. Bake 16-18 minutes until the cookies are browned but please control the situation accurately: each oven has its own character.
I hope you will enjoy another cookie recipes too. Have a look: Cookie Advent Calendar.