Every person’s life comes when he mercilessly breaks with his past.
Person starts watching movies in the original version, taking pictures in manual mode, listening to live music, whipping the yolk with olive oil, baking cheesecake cookies on his own and doing a lot of other things takes more time, gives no guarantees of success, but like nothing else in the century of delegation makes you alive.
Well, the truth is, it’s so strange to buy cheesecake cookies in a supermarket! Instead of taking advantage of the moment and adding another voice to the symphony of tastes, we go to the supermarket, grab sandwiches of dubious quality in the department with groceries (there are no other cookies in supermarkets), and then we wonder why it tastes bad or something worse.
And all because we are lazy and indifferent.
Let’s not be like that and prepare the basis for the cheesecake on our own. And the other layers too.
Sable (for two cheesecakes D=23 cm)
150 g cold butter
30 g almond flough
75 g sugar icing
250 g flough
70 g cream of 10%
200 g sable
700 g cream cheese
10 g lemon juice
100 g sugar
100 g white chocolate
100 g cream 33%
60 g flough
- Preheat oven to 170 °C.
- Put all the dry ingredients in a blender bowl, mix with each other, then add the butter and egg and chop the mixture until the dough has gathered in a uniform bowl.
- Roll the dough to a thickness of 2 mm, cut into strips of 7-10 cm and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. A sign of readiness is the browning edges of the strips.
- Chill cookies completely. You may prepare sable beforehand.
- Break the cooled sand cake into small pieces, send to the blender bowl and chop into small crumbs.
- Divide the whole crumb into two parts of 200 g each. Pack one part in a zip bag and send to the freezer. It will be your future cheesecake)
- To the second part, add cream and knead soft dough, which is evenly and tightly distributed on the bottom of the cheesecake baking dish.
- Preheat the oven to 170 °C.
- Make a ganache of white chocolate and cream. It is convenient to do in the microwave.
- add the chocolate mixture. Do not beat, just mix: we do not need air mass. I usually act with a whisk planted on a hand blender: it doesn’t know how to whip, but mixes well.
- Add the eggs one at a time and carefully mix them in the creamy mixture.
- Add flour and mix thoroughly.
- Put the creamy mixture on top of the sand base. If necessary, wrap the mold with foil in several layers. Place the mold in a deep pan, which is filled with boiling water to a third of the height of the mold. Place the cheesecake in the oven for 50 minutes.
- At the end of the baking time, turn off the heating of the oven, and leave the cake inside for another 15 minutes with the door ajar.
- Chill the cheesecake and garnish as you wish: with fresh berries, a thin layer of melted apricot jam or berry curd.
P.S. To get a smooth “roof” from a curd or jam, you need to apply them hot on a fully chilled cheesecake. Put away spoons: pour the curd / jam on top of the cheese and in a circular motion of the form we call on the Coriolis force, which will ideally smear the top layer. Show more agility: the “roof” cools quickly.
P.P.S. I really love beautiful cheesecakes, so that they have a neat side, a smooth “roof”, so I devoted some time to working out the technology and finding the perfect dish for baking a cake.
The best dish for cheesecake is silicone ceramic mold.