In the life of every immigrant (I moved to Finland about 2 years ago), the moment inevitably comes when he but more often she starts looking for cottage cheese.
Not finding it, she starts to ferment milk and to hang linen cornets over the sink. Cottage cheese rings, cottage cheese pancakes with prunes, cottage cheese casserole, lazy dumplings… I might continue endless…
Before I started hanging that linen cornets I’ve found cottage cheese in my Kuopio. Perfect 5%.
That’s why today is a no less perfect lazy dumplings day. A minimum of flour. Consistency is clearly visible at the photos.
250 g cottage cheese (I prefer 5%)
2 tbsp all propose flour
- Combine cottage cheese and egg, add flour and knead to a homogeneous dough.
- Refrigerate overnight. Donät neglect this step, it’s too important one!
- Boil water.
- On a table covered with flour, roll the dough into a rope with a diameter of 2-3 cm.
- cut into slices 1.5 cm thick and put them into boiled water until they pop up.
- Serve with sour cream, jam or berries.
More ideas for morning: breakfast.