What are the hallmarks of a perfect breakfast? For me this list is quite short.
- Beautifully served. Even if you, like me, do not know how to make beautiful ice cream balls.
- Warm. Sometimes it’s optional (today it’s +33 °C in Kuopio and warm breakfast is a controversial issue) but it’s good to have this opportunity.
Today I’m going to prove that viennese waffles are almost the best breakfast idea that matches all of the points above.
180 g soften butter
100 g sugar
340 g all propose flour
200 ml milk
1 tsp vanilla paste
2 tsp baking powder
Ice cream and dark syrup for serving
NOTABENE It’s better if all the ingredients are at room temperature but actually it’s necessary just for the butter.
- Beat butter and sugar with a mixer until fluffy and light.
2. Add eggs one by one and beat until well incorporated.
3. Add vanilla, beat a while then add milk.
4. The last ingredient is flour: sift the flour along with the baking powder and add it to the dough. Mix by mixer until smooth.
5. Preheat a waffle iron.
6. Bake according to the machine instructions. My waffle iron bakes waffles in 4-6 minutes. The exact baking time depends on your device. Serve with dark syrup and ice cream.
In the morning I wake up a little later than feed Agatha The Grey Cat and cook oatmeal for the whole family. Therefore, recipes in which some of the actions can be done in advance, settle in my cookbook for a long time.
This recipe of viennese waffles is one of this. The waffle dough can be kneaded the night before and placed in the refrigerator. This saves time without sacrificing the flavor and structure of the waffles.
Preheat the waffle iron while you shower.
Bake the waffles while the coffee is brewing.
Take advantage of this to make even your busiest morning a little cozier.
Need other breakfast ideas? I have some.